Sports in Brief (Feb. 20)

**Men’s Tennis**

The Tribe men showed why they deserve their new ranking in the top-100 this past weekend as they didn’t lose a game, easily dispatching both Norfolk State and Longwood University 7-0 on Saturday. The two victories in the double header extended the Tribe’s winning streak to four games and moved their match record to 6-5 on the season. Senior Colin O’Brien (left) won both of his singles matches playing in the top spot while teaming up with sophomore Marwan Ramadan to win both matches at number one doubles. Ramadan, playing singles in the no. 2 position, ran his winning streak to three and overall record to 10-8 with a pair of victories.

**Men’s Golf**

Despite being tied for fifth heading into the final round of their spring season opener, the Tribe could not hold pace with the field and finished in eighth place at the Rice Intercollegiate over the weekend. Sophomore Doug Hurson, who entered the final round in a tie for fifth place overall, shot a 77 Sunday and fell back to a 12th place finish. However, this 77 was tied for the Tribe’s best score of the day as the entire field struggled in the conditions. Senior Ryan Price also shot a 77 Sunday to improve to a tie for 19th. Following a trip to Ireland over spring break, the Tribe will host the William and Mary Invitational March 26-27.

**Track and Field**

Over the weekend, the Tribe men and women traveled to Blacksburg, Va. for the Virginia Tech Challenge. The Challenge marked another forum for the men and women to earn qualification marks for the IC4A Championships and ECAC Championships, respectively. The men racked up 13 IC4A Championship invitations through strong performances by senior Sean Anastasia-Murphy, senior Matt Wolak, and sophomore Ryan Jones, who all led the Tribe with two invitations each through strong track performances. Three women were awarded ECAC bids, while senior Bonnie Meekins cleared 5’10” in the high jump to move into second on the Tribe’s all-time list for that event. In the process, Meekins earned a provisional qualification for the NCAA Indoor Championships.