MCR student tickets on sale through Friday

Tickets are still available for the April 28 concert featuring popular alt-rock bands My Chemical Romance and Muse in Kaplan Arena at William and Mary Hall.

p. The concert is being sponsored by the University Center Activities Board in conjunction with the promotional company ArtShow Productions. Tickets are available to the general public through TicketMaster, but UCAB is offering special student tickets.

p. This week, however, is the final week to buy tickets at the current student price in the University Center. Tickets will continue to be sold throughout the week at the UCAB box office from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. daily. Floor tickets are sold out, but mezzanine seats are still available for $15 with a student ID. Only cash is accepted.

p. After Friday, students wishing to purchase tickets will have to do so at William and Mary Hall or through TicketMaster and will forfeit the reduced price. Tickets at the Hall will still be available at the student price; however, a service charge will be added. Through TicketMaster, the price will be $30.25, 25 cents of which goes to charity, plus an additional surcharge.

p. Tickets at William and Mary Hall will be on sale between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.

p. UCAB Music Committee Chair Emmagene Worley, a senior, stressed the importance of a good turnout.

p. “This is a big step for William and Mary,” she said. “If the student body supports the concert by buying tickets then there’s the opportunity for bigger, better concerts in the future.”

p. Worley wants the turnout to show promotional companies that Williamsburg is a lucrative area for concerts, which would encourage companies such as ArtShow to work with UCAB again in the future.

p. “While My Chemical Romance may not be your favorite band, next time it could be,” Worley said. “We have to make a good first impression.”

p. Worley also encouraged fans of Muse to attend the show, even though they are listed as openers. “It’s not going to be a normal opening set — Muse will probably play longer than a normal opener, so it’s a good deal to go just for Muse,” she said. “Muse is currently touring the U.S., so even for Muse fans, this is huge.”