Sports in brief (March 6)

**Women’s Swimming**
Freshman Katie Radloff’s 49.55 second 100-yard freestyle swim at the Terrapin Invitational back in November not only won the event, but it also earned Radloff a spot in the NCAA Championships next weekend. Radloff will become the first swimmer from the College to compete at Nationals since Erin Sheehey (‘84) did so 24 years ago. The freshman will also compete in the 50 and 200-yard freestyle events after achieving times within the provisional cut two weekends ago at the CAA Championships.

p. **Gymnastics**
The Tribe men hosted second-ranked Penn State University and the 13th-ranked U.S. Naval Academy over the weekend at Kaplan Arena, defeating Navy by .05 points. Both teams fell to Penn State’s score of 212.80. The College, currently ranked 15th in the nation, squeezed past Navy with a total score of 191.75, moving their record against the Midshipmen to 2-1 and their season record to 7-6 overall. The women, competing in their own tri-meet against Towson University and James Madison University Saturday, turned in a team score of 187.25, defeating the Dukes, but losing to Towson’s season-best 194.55-point performance. Senior Christina Padilla earned an individual first place finish on the bars while senior Andrea Dochney and freshman Ali Medeiros tied for the top spot on the beam.

p. **Lacrosse**
The Tribe looked to build off a 24-6 victory over Longwood University last week in their home match against the 13th-ranked University of Richmond Sunday. The College fell just short however, as Richmond tallied a goal three minutes, 20 seconds into the second overtime period to defeat the Tribe 10-9. The loss dropped the College to 1-2 for the season, with both losses coming to nationally ranked teams. Senior Jamie Fitzgerald, junior Jamie Sellers and sophomore Dolly Williams each recorded two goals for the Tribe in the losing effort.