Sports in brief (April 3)

|

April 3, 2007

**Men’s Golf**
Behind the strength of their second-round performance, the Tribe climbed the leaderboard to claim a ninth place finish at this weekend’s Lacrosse Homes Collegiate Invitational in Grasonville, Md. After carding a 312 in the opening round, the College shot a 293 on day two for a total of 605. Junior Jimmy Femino led the Tribe, finishing in 12th and shooting a 3-over par 147. St. John’s University took the team title with a 4-over score of 580, and the Red Storm’s Keegan Bradley won the individual crown carding a 2-under 142.

p. **Lacrosse**
Last Friday, the George Washington University Colonials bested the Tribe 11-8 in a non-conference affair in Washington, D.C. Trailing 3-6 at halftime, the College scored three unanswered goals to knot the game at six, but the Colonials outscored the Tribe 5-2 down the stretch for the win. Junior Jaime Sellers scored three goals for the College and senior Kara Parker notched two. The loss drops the Tribe to 2-7 on the season.

p. **Tennis**
Both the men’s and women’s teams host conference matches this week against CAA foe Old Dominion University. The 36th-ranked Tribe men face the 18th-ranked Monarchs today at 4:30 p.m. on the Busch Courts, while the 12th-ranked women take on ODU tomorrow at 4 p.m. On the men’s side, both teams enter the match undefeated in CAA play. For the women, the match marks the first time either team has faced a conference opponent this season.

Tribe Square evicts The Crust leaving ground floor empty
As gubernatorial primary nears, students get out the vote
College mourns death of online MBA student, Navy SEAL Kyle Milliken