This Week in Flat Hat History (Oct. 30)

Written by

|

October 30, 2007

1:57 AM

**1928**
Although George Washington Hall was not scheduled for completion until February, the first floor became ready for occupancy late in the fall semester. The construction for the rest, however, was pushed back due to continued rain.

p. **1964**
Residents in Dupont Hall were given a stop on the College’s bus route. The change came after the College received many complaints from students and counselors from Dupont about the 15-minute walk to Old Campus, often in rainy weather.

p. **1972**
Students voiced their unhappiness over a non-refundable $2 fee for new electronic key-cards. The Student Handbook indicated that every resident would be issued a key card for a fee refundable upon return. However, when the key cards were issued, students were told that the fee was non-refundable.

p. **1985**
Insufficient funds lead to the halting of grounds maintenance at the Lake Matoaka Amphitheater, causing it to degenerate and necessitating a major restoration that was led in part by the Lake Matoaka Committee. The committee, which was established by the SA, was headed up by the assistant dean of students. The main obstacle was proper funding.

Share This Article

Related News

Tribe Square evicts The Crust leaving ground floor empty
As gubernatorial primary nears, students get out the vote
College mourns death of online MBA student, Navy SEAL Kyle Milliken

About Author