Six in a row for Tribe

__After overtime win at Drexel, the College hosts rival ODU __

p. Senior captains Nathan Mann and Laimis Kisielius combined for 15 of the Tribe’s 17 final points as the College (10-8, 6-2) held off the Drexel University Dragons (9-11, 2-6) in overtime for a 73-72 victory, earning its sixth-straight CAA victory.

p. “We tried so many times to give it away,” Head Coach Tony Shaver said in a postgame interview on the Tribe radio network. “Just a chance to ice the ballgame and [we have] a turnover, maybe a bad shot, and we let them back in it. But the guys kept finding ways to win.”

p. Despite 26 turnovers, the Tribe earned its first-ever win at Drexel due to strong shooting, especially from three-point range. The College connected on 14 of 26 from long distance as Mann knocked down a career-high six triples, finishing with 18 points.

p. His three consecutive treys in the latter stages of regulation kept the Tribe in position for a win, pushing the lead to 65-61 with 1:41 remaining. However, turnovers on the College’s next two possessions led to four Drexel points and the 10th tie of the contest. The Tribe had a chance to win, but Mann could not connect on a tough baseline jumper.

p. In overtime, Kisielius hit two three-pointers to push the College’s lead to 71-66, but three empty Tribe possessions allowed the Dragons to claw back within one with 1:31 remaining. The College countered with sophomore Danny Sumner’s layup to push the lead back to three at 73-70. Drexel’s Scott Rodgers made a basket in traffic to close the margin to 73-72, and when Tribe junior forward Pete Stein missed on the other end, Drexel found itself in a position to win the game. With 8.8 seconds remaining, the Dragons inbounded the ball and proceeded to call a timeout with 3.5 seconds remaining after nothing developed offensively. Tramayne Hawthorne received the inbounds pass and launched a deep three-pointer that missed, sealing the Dragons’ fate.

p. Kisielius paced the Tribe with 20 points, while Sumner added 14 of his own. Drexel center Frank Elegar dominated for stretches of the game, leading the Dragons with 24 points and 15 rebounds, but struggled down the stretch and committed some costly turnovers.