This Week in Flat History (Fab. 8)

Written by

|

February 8, 2008

4:12 PM

**1929**
Washington Hall was officially opened for use. The building, which cost $200,000 to construct, housed the biology department on the ground floor, while the upper floors were used as lecture rooms and offices for the departments of education, English, fine arts, mathematics, philosophy, Latin and modern languages.

p. **1952**
The College announced that, in addition to the general physical education courses required for female students, junior and senior women could now choose to take one of three new P.E. courses, including history of dance composition and forms.

p. **1973**
As part of a facelift to the Colonial Williamsburg area, five new shop openings on Prince George Street were announced. Among the stores slated to open in the spring were The Cheese Shop, The Peanut Shop and Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream.

p. **1982**
Eight students were arrested Feb. 4 on charges of stealing approximately $2,500 of furniture from campus buildings. Campus Police recovered chairs, desks, sofas, beds, tables, lamps and chests of drawers. One of the students was caught stealing a television from the Tri Delta house, which led to the discovery of the other stolen items.

Share This Article

Related News

Powering Through “BoJack Horseman”
The “Rocky Horror” Rant
Learning Spanglish

About Author