Campus Police Beat (March 11 – March 17)

|

March 21, 2008

Tuesday, March 11

p. — A staff member reported that her wallet was stolen from Phi Beta Kappa Hall Sunday evening. The wallet contained $200 in cash and $210 in other items.

p. Thursday, March 13

p. — A bike was stolen from the Morton Hall bike rack. Its estimated value is $225.

p. Friday, March 14

p. — A student reported his wallet stolen while at the Rec Center. Its estimated value is $55.

p. A student reported that his parking decal was stolen from his vehicle while parked outside the units around March 9. The estimated value of the decal is $330.

p. — A student reported that his decal was stolen from his vehicle while parked in the William and Mary Hall parking lot. The approximate value of the decal was $50. The car was unlocked and items within the car had been moved around.
Saturday, March 15 — A 22-year old student was arrested outside of the lodges for being drunk in public.

p. — A toilet paper dispenser and paper towel dispenser were stolen from the third floor women’s restroom in Yates Hall. The dispensers are valued at $150.

p. — A student from Barrett Hall reported that her wallet was stolen while she was at Phi Beta Kappa Hall. The estimated value of the wallet and its contents is $420.

p. Sunday, March 16 — An 18-year old student was arrested at the units for being drunk in public, possession of a fake ID, underage possession of alcohol and possession of marijuana.

Monday, March 17— A student from Jefferson Hall reported that his credit card number had been stolen online and charges had been placed on his card. Almost $1,000 in charges were attempted but were stopped after the crime was reported.

Cheesebro alerts campus following Thursday night’s IED detonation
SA passes Hobble Wobble Gobble Act, plans to purchase Thanksgiving turkeys
Inside COLL: Professors raise questions, concerns about implementation of COLL curriculum