Marshall-Wythe improves to 30th

|

March 28, 2008

The Marshall-Wythe School of Law moved up one spot nationwide in U.S. News & World Report’s annual ranking of law schools.

In a press release Friday, the law school announced that the College’s law school is now ranked 30th, along with the University of Washington.

“We are pleased to see that we went up one place but continue to view these rankings with some skepticism,” Interim Dean of the Law School Lynda Butler said in the press release.

She added that only one point separates the College from the 27th-place schools and only three points separate it from the school ranked 26th.

According to the press release, the Law School saw a 7.3 percent increase in the number of applicants in 2007. Most law schools’ applicant pools decreased last year.

“What we do know is that the law school is more vibrant and healthy than ever,” Butler said.

Butler is temporarily replacing the Law School’s former dean, Taylor Reveley, after his appointment as the interim president of the College following the resignation of former College President Gene Nichol.

Butler is currently out of the country and could not be reached for immediate comment.

College, RBC unveil program aimed at helping low-income students transfer more easily
Power outage, Boutetourt Complex evacuation costs College $63,000