Sports in Brief (April 11)

**Lacrosse**
__Two wins spark national ranking, individual honors__
Following two wins against no. 19 James Madison University and no. 9 George Mason University, the Tribe made the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association/National poll rankings this week. The Tribe (6-6, 2-0) finds itself at no. 18, its first national ranking since the end of the 2006 regular season. Head Coach Christine Halfpenny was honored for the impressive wins by being named U.S. Lacrosse’s National Coach of the Week. Freshman attacker Maggie Anderson scored four goals against Mason and picked up Division I Player of the Week honors. Freshman goalkeeper Emily Geary received the CAA’s Rookie of the Week award.

p. **Football**
__Green and Gold game set for Saturday__
The Tribe will host its annual Green and Gold game Saturday in Zable Stadium. Kickoff is set for 1:30 p.m. The intra-squad scrimmage marks the finale to the team’s spring practice season. There is no cost to attend the game, and it is open to the public. The team’s first extended scrimmage was held March 29. The game will be a chance for the Tribe to showcase the team’s hard work this spring. Senior running back DeBrian Holmes and senior wide receiver D.J. McAulay, both recovering from injuries that ended their 2007 seasons, will join senior quarterback Jake Phillips and the rest of the Tribe offense.

p. **Women’s Golf**
__Oldenkamp leads College in record-breaking outing__
The Tribe shattered a number of records this week at University of North Carolina—Wilmington’s Lady Seahawk Invitational, placing ninth out of 17 teams. Led by senior Erika Oldenkamp’s eighth-place finish, all five College golfers broke 80 in the initial two rounds, only the third and fourth times in school history that the squad has done so. Additionally, the team’s third-round score of 302 was good for fifth-best overall in the Tribe record book as the squad finished the tournament at 51 strokes over par, 19 strokes back of the tournament’s winner, North Carolina State University.