Rhian Horgan ’99 to give 2008 convocation address

Rhian Horgan ’99 will welcome new students at the Convocation Ceremony Aug. 29. Since graduating from the College of William and Mary, Horgan has become a notable businesswoman, working her way up to her current position as a vice president at JPMorgan Private Bank in New York.

“Ms. Horgan, who was an outstanding member of the College community while on campus in the Class of 1999, has already distinguished herself in the world of business,” Interim College President Taylor Revely said in a press release. “We look forward to her remarks at our opening convocation.”

During her time at the College, Horgan acted as student body president, was a campus tour guide and a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. She graduated from the College as a finance and public policy major.

Horgan has continued to serve the College as a member of the New York City Alumni Board, the New York City Auction Committee, the Class of ’99 Fifth Year Reunion Committee and the Swem Library Board. She works on JPMorgan’s William and Mary recruiting team and also founded the William and Mary Wall Street Program, which gives students from the College the opportunity to experience the fast-paced New York business world firsthand.

Horgan’s speech coincides with the 90th anniversary of the admission of women to the College. Horgan is “one of our women graduates who was so distinguished as a student leader … and now, has translated that into a rich and rewarding professional life,” Interim Vice President for Student Affairs Ginger Ambler said. “I think she sets a wonderful example for all students about the transforming power of a William and Mary education.”