Tribe Football 2008: College’s schedule at a glance

Sept. 6 @ N.C. State
The Wolfpack went 5-7 a year ago, but rebounded late in the season, winning four of their final six games.

Sept. 13 vs. VMI
In the last five meetings of this annual series, the Tribe has outscored the Keydets 222-59.

Sept. 20 vs. Norfolk State
Norfolk State posted an 8-3 record last season in the MEAC while downing strong programs from Hampton and Florida A&M.

Oct. 4 vs. Villanova
The Tribe has lost three straight games against the Wildcats including a heartbreaking homecoming loss in 2005. This year, the College will look to turn the tables and jumpstart playoff hopes in their most crucial matchup of the season.

Oct. 11 @ New Hampshire
The two teams haven’t played since 2005 when the College shocked then no. 1 New Hampshire 42-10.

Oct. 18 @ Delaware
Delaware is another squad with an offense severely defanged due to graduation; yet the team returns a solid nucleus of players from the team that demolished the Tribe on opening night 2007, maintaining a no. 7 national ranking.

Oct. 25 vs. Rhode Island
The Rams suffered through a disappointing season in 2007, finishing at 3-8 overall. They will provide the Tribe with a welcome homecoming after two difficult road contests.

Nov. 1 @ Towson
Towson gave up over 500 yards rushing to Navy in its season opener this past Saturday.

Nov. 8 vs. Northeastern
Despite their 3-8 record from last season, the Huskies upset a pair of ranked opponents in New Hampshire and Hofstra.

Nov. 15 @ James Madison
Going into Harrisonburg and emerging victorious is a tough proposition in any year. When the Dukes are no. 8 in all of FCS and are coming off a 21-point blowout of the Tribe in 2007, the task takes on epic proportions.

Nov. 22 vs. Richmond
If all goes well for the Tribe, it could in to this game with its playoff hopes on the line. However, a win will prove difficult against Richmond — currently ranked no. 3 in the national rankings.