City Police Beat (Sept. 9 to Sept. 14)

|

September 16, 2008

Tuesday, Sept. 9

A 46-year-old male was arrested at the Bloom on Richmond Road for allegedly stealing seafood.

An 18-year-old male was arrested on the 100 block of Merrimac Tr. for alleged possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.

Wednesday, Sept. 10

An individual was arrested on the 100 block of Indian Springs Rd. for allegedly being drunk in public.

An unidentified individual allegedly committed a hit-and-run at the intersection of Merrimac Trail and Capital Landing Road.

Friday, Sept. 12

A 29-year-old male was arrested on the 200 block of Monticello Ave. for allegedly driving under the influence.

An individual was arrested on the 400 block of N. Boundary St. for allegedly tampering with vehicles, possessing marijuana and contributing to the delinquency of minors.

The same individual was arrested two hours later at 300 W. Duke of Gloucester St. for allegedly tampering with a vehicle, stealing $15 and assault resulting minor scratches.

Saturday, Sept. 13

A 22-year-old male was arrested on the 400 block of Merrimac Tr. for allegedly assaulting a family member.

Sunday, Sept. 14

A 25-year-old male was arrested on the 900 block of Richmond Rd. for allegedly driving under the influence.

Short story author Kelly Link discusses magical realism, writing
Master Craftsmen Shop closes: After 35 years, Holly Shields decides to retire
Williamsburg outlets welcomes two stores: Candy, books join offerings of Williamsburg Premium Outlets