Administration warns of threat against Sadler Center

|

September 26, 2008

In a message to students and faculty, Vice President for Administration Anna Martin warned of an anonymous threat of violence to take place this Sunday at the Sadler Center on the campus of the College of William and Mary.

“Since learning of the threat, William and Mary Police have been working closely with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Virginia State Police, Williamsburg Police and James City County Police to investigate and determine the best course of action,” she said. “Because the police investigation is ongoing, I can not release more information at this time.”

Martin said precautions include an increased security presence on campus. Events Sunday at the Sadler Center, Martin said, will be relocated if possible.

College spokesperson Brian Whitson said the College is taking every precaution.

“We don’t know if this is a credible threat or not but we take all threats seriously and will certainly err on the side of caution in this case,” he said in an e-mail. “We will be taking a number of precautions. Some we can talk about. Others we can’t.”

Updated information will be available on the College’s “website”:http://www.wm.edu/. In the event of an actual emergency, the College’s mass notification system will be used.

Check back at FlatHatNews.com for more news on this developing story.

Short story author Kelly Link discusses magical realism, writing
Master Craftsmen Shop closes: After 35 years, Holly Shields decides to retire
Williamsburg outlets welcomes two stores: Candy, books join offerings of Williamsburg Premium Outlets