Citing injury, Rogue Wave cancels Homecoming appearance

|

October 8, 2008

Update: The Cool Kids confirmed the concert. The band will open for the Ting Tings on Oct. 25 at 8 p.m. at the Lake Matoaka Amphitheater. Tickets are free to students with a student ID and $10 to the public.

Headlining Homecoming band Rogue Wave canceled its scheduled appearance at the College of William and Mary this morning. Lead singer Zach Rogue slipped two discs in his neck and cannot perform. The band canceled all of its performances for October.

“The music committee is working really hard to replace the band,” UCAB Public Relations Director Thomas Milteer ’09 said. UCAB is trying to fill the spot of the opening band before the Oct. 25 concert.

The music committee met tonight to discuss options for filling the open spot and put in an offer to The Cool Kids, a hip-hop duo. Antoine “Mikey Rocks” Reed and Evan “Chuck Inglish” Ingersoll comprise this music group, which has previously opened for British singer M.I.A.

“It’s a situation where we cannot blame the group or UCAB,” UCAB Music Committee Chair Sean O’Mealia ’09 said. “We are trying to make the best of the situation.”

The committee can only legally put in an offer to one band at a time and hopes to hear from The Cool Kids in a few days.

The Ting-Tings will perform as scheduled at the concert, Oct. 25 at 8 p.m. at the Lake Matoaka Amphitheater. Tickets are free to students and $10 to the public.

Board of Visitors defers discussion of amendments to weapon, open flame policies
Board of Visitors meets to approve 18 resolutions in November session
Short story author Kelly Link discusses magical realism, writing