Football: Keys to the Northeastern game

|

November 7, 2008

Air it out

Last week, the College took control early when senior quarterback Jake Phillips hit junior wideout D.J. McAulay for a 65-yard touchdown on the squad’s fourth play from scrimmage. A similar quick connection would be huge tomorrow as an early Tribe lead would force Northeastern to play from behind, negating a Huskies game plan built around holding a lead.

Control the line

Over the past four years, Head Coach Rocky Hager’s Huskies have consistently been one of the more physical teams in the CAA, and to win, the Tribe will need to outwork Northeastern on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Expect a hungry College defensive line to be ready. “We love these games, it’s what we look forward to,” junior defensive tackle Sean Lissemore said.

Be ready

Northeastern is 2-7 and a crucial rivalry matchup with no. 1 James Madison University awaits next week, but the Tribe cannot afford to overlook the Huskies. Six of Northeastern’s seven losses have come against either FBS or ranked FCS teams and the Huskies almost upset no. 6 Villanova on Saturday. If the College doesn’t show up to play tomorrow, that contest against JMU might not matter too much.

SIA chapter suspended after reports of hazing: Members will lose recognition on campus, ability to facilitate events until at least fall 2018
VOX hosts pro-abortion rights discussion