Sports in Brief: November 12

|

November 11, 2008

Women’s Soccer: Tribe claims third consecutive NCAA Tournament berth

The College of William and Mary earned its third consecutive NCAA Tournament bid Monday night. The Tribe will travel to Durham, N.C. Friday to play the University of South Carolina. The winner of that match will face either host Duke University or Radford University Sunday.

Field Hockey: Tribe falls to no. 4 JMU in CAA tourney

The College of William and Mary wrapped up its 2008 season with a 4-1 loss against eventual CAA Champion James Madison University in the CAA semifinals Saturday. The loss dropped the Tribe’s season record to 8-13 overall. Redshirt freshman Jennifer Harr scored her first collegiate goal and the Tribe’s only goal of the match in the 67th minute. The College outshot the Dukes in the second half 11-8, but failed to post a single shot in the opening half.

Volleyball: College takes two weekend matches

The College of William and Mary defeated University of North Carolina-Wilmington 3-1 Saturday night, pushing its record to 19-6 overall and 9-3 in the CAA. Senior setter Kim Mount dished out 49 assists and recorded 11 digs, while sophomores Ginny Bray and Erin Skipper accounted for 33 kills and 11 blocks. In the Tribe’s match at Georgia State University Friday, the College rebounded from a 3-1 loss to the University of Delaware with a 3-1 victory over the Panthers. After dropping the first set, the Tribe rallied behind Bray and Skipper, who each recorded double-doubles.

Andrew Pike contributed to this report.

SIA chapter suspended after reports of hazing: Members will lose recognition on campus, ability to facilitate events until at least fall 2018
VOX hosts pro-abortion rights discussion