Governor appoints alumna Sue Gerdelman ’76 to Board of Visitors

|

January 7, 2013

Governor McDonnell appointed alumna Sue Gerdelman ’76 to the College of William and Mary’s Board of Visitors, filling the seat left vacant after the resignation of former Board member Laura Flippin ’92 in September.

Gerdelman has a diverse resume, from teaching elementary school to working as an associate director of the National Economic Council. She also served as an executive assistant to the assistant to the president for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism.

“This is great news for the university,” Rector of the College Jeffrey Trammel said in a press release. “Sue is a devoted alumna of William [and] Mary and cares deeply about its future. As the previous chair of the W&M Foundation, she is highly respected by members of the Board. We look forward to working with her in this new capacity.”

As an alumna, Gerdelman has remained active at the College. She previously served as the chair of the William and Mary Foundation and received the Alumni Medallion in 2011.

She will serve for the remaining two years of Laura Flippin’s four-year term and will be eligible for reappointment in 2014.

Behind Closed Doors: Don’t Kink Shame Me, Bro
Presidential search enters second stage, releases leadership profile
Board of Visitors responds to DACA, DeVos speech: Future unclear for College’s policies following actions by Trump administration

Senior staff writer Katherine Chiglinsky '14 is an English and economics major from Roanoke, Va. She was previously Editor-in-Chief, News Editor, Variety Editor and Associate Variety Editor.