Baseball: At-large bid advances College to NCAA Regional

|

May 29, 2013

After losing to Towson 5-2 in the Colonial Athletic Association Championship, the College (37-22, 17-10 CAA) received its first ever at-large bid to the National Collegiate Athletic Association Championship. Bracketed in the Raleigh Regional with North Carolina State, Binghamton and Mississippi, the third ranked Tribe opens play against Mississippi Friday, May 31 at 2 p.m.

“Obviously, we are really excited to have the chance to continue our season. I am extremely proud of every player in our program; they deserve this moment as they have bought into the program since day one,” head coach Jamie Pinzino said to TribeAthletics.com. “This is a great step for William and Mary baseball and hopefully a sign of things to come in Williamsburg for years to come.”

Editor’s take: Check back with Flathatnews.com for more on baseball’s incredible run to the NCAA Raleigh Regional. For now, first year head coach Jamie Pinzino and staff can enjoy the limelight. Should the squad’s pitching staff perform to its full potential, the Tribe could make a deep run.

Men’s Basketball: Tribe secures first win of the season at home
Women’s Basketball: Tribe improves to 2-0 after home opener
Women’s Basketball: Led by Boggs’ double-double, the College wins season-opener over Howard

Chris Weber

Senior staff writer Chris Weber '15 is an English major from Spotsylvania, Va. He was previously Sports Editor.