Virginia21, SA to host delegate debate for public

The candidates for Virginia’s 93rd House of Delegates seat, Republican Delegate Mike Watson and Democratic candidate Monty Mason ’89, will participate in a debate at the College of William and Mary Oct. 9.

The Student Assembly and the College’s chapter of Virginia21, a non-profit organization that provides college students with information regarding politics across the state and directs advocacy efforts, are hosting the event.

“My opponent and I differ on several issues that are critical to Virginians, like a woman’s right to make her own health care choices,” Mason said in a press release. “I welcome the opportunity to share my positions at my alma mater with Virginia21 and the people of the 93rd district.”

The debate, which will be open to the public, will take place at 7 p.m. in McGlothlin-Street Hall. A student panel will moderate the event, and questions will be collected online in advance.

“Thanks to the students of William & Mary and especially members of Virginia21 and the Student Assembly for hosting this event,” Watson said in a press release. “It will provide a great opportunity to discuss important issues facing the Commonwealth.”

Previous articleSuicide and the College
Next articleGraduates to open brewery
Avatar photo
Senior staff writer Abby Boyle '15 is an English major from Bexley, Ohio. She was previously Managing Editor, News Editor, Variety Editor and Associate Variety Editor.