Men’s basketball: Gold Rush, promotions set stage vs. Northeastern

|

January 21, 2015

Two of the top Colonial Athletic Association teams square off Saturday, as William and Mary looks to advance in conference standings with a win over Northeastern. If that isn’t enough of a draw, Tribe Athletics’ inaugural Gold Rush Game promises perks for attendees.

The athletics department has released a video preview and outlined a number of student-friendly promotions. The first 3,000 fans receive a gold pom-pom from Boyer’s Diamonds and Fine Jewelry. University Advancement will give a gold Tribe t-shirt to the first 1,000 fans as well. In addition, a $10,000 shot contest will feature a randomly selected fan.

The Gold Rush Game also coincides with the third-annual Shoeless Showdown. Tribe coaches will work the bench barefoot to raise awareness for locals in need of shoes. Fans who donate a pair of new shoes receive a free ticket, a ticket to the Feb. 11 game against Elon, a Chick-Fil-A sandwich coupon and a $10 dollar voucher toward a C&F Bank checking account.

Tip is set for 2 p.m. The game will be nationally broadcasted on the NBC Sports Network.

William and Mary Sports Information Director Kris Searsarticle contributed to this report.

Ugokwe signed to NFL’s Colts, Anderson invited to Atlanta minicamp
Baseball: Tribe comes back against Richmond, falls to Maryland
Baseball: Tribe sweeps James Madison, takes three CAA wins

Chris Weber

Senior staff writer Chris Weber '15 is an English major from Spotsylvania, Va. He was previously Sports Editor.