Colonial Calendar: Five things to do this weekend

|

January 29, 2015

SKATE

Mid-County Park on Ironbound Road will host a glow-stick ice-skating party Jan. 31 at 10 p.m., charging only $8 for admission. The party promises to be fun for all ages, as glow-sticks seemingly draw college students just as effectively as they entice children. Glow-sticks and ice-skating might just be the perfect combination to help crush the winter doldrums.

COOK

From 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Feb. 1, Williams-Sonoma on DoG Street will offer a free class aimed at improving students’ cooking techniques. Since the class is only an hour long and comes with the opportunity to save 10 percent on purchases at Williams-Sonoma that day, the class will likely fill up quickly. Make sure to register.

LISTEN

The Williamsburg Lodge Lounge will host guitarist Jocelyn Oldham this week. Oldham will play a mixture of classics and popular songs from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Jan. 31 and Feb. 7. These relaxing acoustic performances will be open to the public and free of charge.

WATCH

For an enthralling and thought-provoking evening, look no further than the Kimball Theatre. From Feb. 1 to Feb. 3, the theatre will show Citizenfour, a film centering on Laura Poitras, one of the first reporters contacted by Edward Snowden. The movie is intense, dramatic and rated R. Admission is $8 and the movie will be shown at 6:15 p.m. and 8:30pm.

EAT

Fans of seafood will be excited to discover the Friday Night Seafood Feast. This buffet commences each Friday at 5 p.m. at Traditions in the Williamsburg Lodge. While the event is open to the public, reservations are recommended.

Is it Soup, or is it Cereal?
The adventure ends: A farewell to the College’s beloved kinesiology activities courses
Comedy at the College

Emily Chaumont

Managing Editor Emily Chaumont '18 is an English and Gender, Sexuality, Women's Studies double major from Manassas, Virginia. After graduation, she will be pursuing her M.A.Ed. in Elementary Education through William and Mary's School of Education. She formerly served as Variety Editor and News Editor and runs a college productivity lifestyle blog at honeybeejoyous.com.