Women’s Golf: Tribe finishes fourth in William & Mary Intercollegiate

0
381
COURTESY PHOTO / TRIBE ATHLETICS

William and Mary hosted the William & Mary Intercollegiate Mar. 18-19 at the River Course of the Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, Va. Finishing fourth, the women ultimately netted 936 strokes (+72) to Seton Hall’s 918 (+54).

Leading the Tribe on the first day, junior Allison Olberding had been in a tie for ninth in the tournament. Carding a 78 (+6), she lowered her score by two strokes in the second round to finish the day with a 154 (+10).

Freshman Sarah Houle took the College’s lowest round of the day, shooting a 75 (+3) in the first sound, while sophomore Madison Elliott missed the top-20 by a few points, finishing the two rounds with a 160 (+16).

Holding steady in the third round on day two, the women shot a collective 317 (+29) and stayed in fourth place.

Olberding matched her second-round low of 76 on day three — the lowest for the team on day three. This was Olberding’s second top-10 finish of the season, with her tournament score of 230 (+14) bringing her into a tie for sixth place.

Elliott finished second on the team in a tie for 29th place with a 242 (+26) in the event. She finished tied for sixth in terms of par five scoring, while Olberding finished tied for fourth with 33 pars.

The College will close its regular season when it travels to the Edisto Island Invitational March 31-April 1, which is hosted by the College of Charleston at the Plantation Course on Edisto Island, S.C.

Previous articleVoting a privilege, more students should participate
Next articleWomen’s Lacrosse: Tribe narrowly defeated by Chanticleers
Gavin Aquin
Gavin Aquin '22 is a Sports Editor for The Flat Hat, having previously contributed to the Sports section since 2018 as an Associate Editor. He is from Las Vegas, Nevada/Los Angeles, California, and sees his West Coast upbringing as instrumental to his worldview. He is a History and European Studies double-major, with a particular interest in Spanish and French cultural issues, the legacy of Greece and Rome on the Mediterranean world, and the history of the Jewish Diaspora — especially that of the Sephardim. In his free time, he cheers for the Vegas Golden Knights, the LA Dodgers, F.C. Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur, and the Spanish National Football Team.