Women’s Golf: Tribe finishes fourth in William & Mary Intercollegiate

0
505
COURTESY PHOTO / TRIBE ATHLETICS

William and Mary hosted the William & Mary Intercollegiate Mar. 18-19 at the River Course of the Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, Va. Finishing fourth, the women ultimately netted 936 strokes (+72) to Seton Hall’s 918 (+54).

Leading the Tribe on the first day, junior Allison Olberding had been in a tie for ninth in the tournament. Carding a 78 (+6), she lowered her score by two strokes in the second round to finish the day with a 154 (+10).

Freshman Sarah Houle took the College’s lowest round of the day, shooting a 75 (+3) in the first sound, while sophomore Madison Elliott missed the top-20 by a few points, finishing the two rounds with a 160 (+16).

Holding steady in the third round on day two, the women shot a collective 317 (+29) and stayed in fourth place.

Olberding matched her second-round low of 76 on day three — the lowest for the team on day three. This was Olberding’s second top-10 finish of the season, with her tournament score of 230 (+14) bringing her into a tie for sixth place.

Elliott finished second on the team in a tie for 29th place with a 242 (+26) in the event. She finished tied for sixth in terms of par five scoring, while Olberding finished tied for fourth with 33 pars.

The College will close its regular season when it travels to the Edisto Island Invitational March 31-April 1, which is hosted by the College of Charleston at the Plantation Course on Edisto Island, S.C.

Previous articleVoting a privilege, more students should participate
Next articleWomen’s Lacrosse: Tribe narrowly defeated by Chanticleers
Gavin Aquin-Hernández
Gavin Aquin-Hernández ’22 is a Sports Editor for The Flat Hat newspaper and a proud member of the Editorial Board. He has contributed to the paper since 2018. Gavin originally hails from Las Vegas, Nevada and Los Angeles, California. He is a History and European Studies double-major, with a particular interest in Spanish and French cultural issues and the history of the Jewish Diaspora. Gavin hopes to eventually become a lawyer when he graduates. When he isn't watching Tribe Athletics, Gavin follows the Vegas Golden Knights, the LA Dodgers, Tottenham Hotspur and C.D. Guadalajara. En castellano: Gavin Aquin Hernández '22 es un editor de deportes para el periódico « The Flat Hat » y es miembro de la Junta Editorial. Él ha sido miembro del periódico desde 2018. Originalmente, él viene de Las Vegas, Nevada y de Los Ángeles, California. Él está estudiando la historia y los estudios europeos. En particular, le interesan los temas culturales españoles y franceses, y también le interesa la historia de la diáspora judía. Gavin desea trabajar como abogado después de graduarse. Además de seguir Tribe Athletics, Gavin sigue a los Golden Knights, los Doyers, Tottenham Hotspur y las Chivas.