Coming to a theater near you!

Flat Hat Sports Talk

podcastphoto

COURTESY PHOTO / TRIBE ATHLETICS

A weekly podcast hosted by sports editors Nick Cipolla and Chris Travis produced and edited by digital media editors Madeline Bielski and Kayla Sharpe. Follow the Sports Desk @FlatHatSports

Tribe Shows Promise in Home Opener

September 21, 2016

Flat Hat Sports Editors Nick Cipolla and Chris Travis recap William and Mary’s home opener vs Norfolk State, analyzing standout performances and moments while predicting what’s to come in the upcoming CAA slate.

Are you ready for some (Tribe) football?

September 15, 2016

With two games in the books, sports editors Nick Cipolla and Chris Travis preview the 2016 Tribe football season as well as give predictions for the Sept. 17 home opener at the renovated Zable Stadium.

Welcome Back, Tribe

August 28, 2016

Sports editors Nick Cipolla  and Josh Luckenbaugh  are back for the start of thesemester to recap the College’s first weekend of fall sports as well as predict how each sport will perform in 2016, most notably Tribe football’s Sept. 1 matchup with North Carolina State.

Woeful Weekend

November 22, 2015

Nick and Sumner discuss football’s disappointing trip to Richmond, the first basketball losses of 2015-16, and the end of women’s soccer and volleyball before discussing this weekend’s playoff football home game against Duquesne.

Winning the Weekend

November 19, 2015

Sports Editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham recap the successful weekend and preview the all-important rivalry football finale at Richmond, upcoming basketball and continued coverage of postseason volleyball and soccer.

Football playoff implications, NCAA women’s soccer, and 2015-16 Basketball Preview

November 10, 2015
Sports Editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham preview the latest in all things sports as November is underway. Now ranked No. 7 in the nation, William and Mary football takes on Towson in its final regular season home game this weekend. Women’s soccer fell in the CAA title match, but earned an NCAA berth for this weekend’s first round. And it’s now that time of year again where basketball returns to Kaplan Arena and Flat Hat Sports has preview analysis.

Big Wins, Big Rings

November 5, 2015

Sports Editor Nick Cipolla and staff writer Dominic Burkett discuss William and Mary’s successful weekend including the CAA Cross Country Championships and the significant 44-41 home football victory over JMU before previewing the CAA Women’s Soccer Championships coming up this weekend.

Nearing the End of the Fall

October 30, 2015
Sports Editor Nick Cipolla is joined by Associate Sports Editor Josh Luckenbaugh for this week’s podcast, where they discuss the upcoming football matchup between No. 9 JMU and No. 15 William and Mary as well as the end of the regular season and playoff outlooks for several other Tribe sports.

Tribe Comes Home and the Season Gets Good

October 23, 2015

After a one-month hiatus, Editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham are back in the studio to discuss big wins for football and women’s soccer, postseason probability for many fall sports and a preview of the homecoming weekend sports lineup.

Lessons From a Loss

September 24, 2015

Sports editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham recap their visit to U.Va for the Tribe’s close defeat by the Cavaliers and previewing the Family Weekend home sports lineup.

Scouting Virginia

September 17 2015

Before going up to U.Va to attend William and Mary’s football game against the Cavaliers, sports editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham share thoughts and predictions, as well as reviewing the highlights of other Tribe sports.

Discussing the Season Ahead

September 3, 2015

Sports editor Nick Cipolla and Associate Sports Editor Josh Luckenbaugh talk out their thoughts on the fall season so far, predicting results for football, soccer, and more.

Examining the 2014-15 All-Tribe Athlete Bracket

April 30, 2015

Sports editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham come together for the last podcast of the year to talk out the decisions made in this year’s All-Tribe Athlete bracket from April 28’s Year in Review.

Tribe Tennis Takes Tournament Titles

April 24, 2015

In this week’s edition of Flat Hat Sports talk, Sports Editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham discuss Tribe Tennis’ grand slam weekend at the CAA Tournament as well as the conclusion of the lacrosse season and whether baseball can continue it’s recent winning streak.

A Look at the Tribe’s Plan for a “Championship Experience”

April 8, 2015

Flat Hat Sports editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham discuss the recent weekend in lacrosse and track while also taking a first glance at Tribe Athletics’ Committee on Competitive Excellence Report.

Heading into Conference Matchups

April 5, 2015

Flat Hat Sports Editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham talk this week about Tribe lacrosse and baseball, discussing the recent ups and down of both programs over the past week and a half and preview upcoming Colonial Athletic Association games for both sports.

Tribe Takes on the Women’s Basketball Invitational

Mar. 26, 2015

Flat Hat Sports Editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham are back in the studio to discuss Tribe Basketball’s run at the Women’s Basketball Invitational as well as Tribe Lacrosse’s recent match-ups.

A Look Back at the CAA Tournament

Mar. 16, 2015

Flat Hat Sports Editors Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham take a look back at the Tribe Basketball’s run at the 2015 CAA Tournament.

Tribe Basketball Heads to CAA Tournament

Mar. 3, 2015

This week on Flat Hat Sports Talk, Mick Sloan and Chris Weber pass the torch to the Sports Desk’s newest Editors, Nick Cipolla and Sumner Higginbotham. Listen as they rehash senior guard Marcus Thornton’s record-breaking game against Towson, men’s swimming’s recent CAA Championship title and how far men’s basketball will go in their own CAA Championship title bid. Catch this and past episodes of Flat Hat Sports Talk by visiting flathatnews.com.

Tribe Comes Close but Falls to Delaware

Feb. 19, 2015

After William and Mary’s crushing defeat against Delaware, Flat Hat Sports Editors Mick Sloan and Chris Weber team up with Meredith Ramey and Abby Boyle to discuss the details of the game. However, discussion quickly turns to the whether or not the Griffin is the ideal mascot to represent the College’s rich history and the difficulty of receiving one of his high-fives.

A Retired Number for Marcus Thornton?

Feb. 12, 2015

Flat Hat Sports Editors Mick Sloan and Chris Weber are back in the studio for another episode of Flat Hat Sports Talk. This week they discuss the possibility of senior guard Marcus Thorton’s number being retired and senior wideout Tre McBride’s chances in the NFL Draft.

National Signing Day

Feb. 5, 2015

From the excitement of National Signing Day to stolen baseballs, the Flat Hat Sports Desk and guests discuss the characteristics of big sports schools and whether or not The College of William and Mary could ever fall under that heading. Additionally, the team finds out that the College still uses a fax machine. Who knew?

Tribe Basketball Trumps Northwestern

Jan. 29, 2015

Flat Hat Sports Editors Chris Weber and Mick Sloan discuss Tribe Basketball’s recent win over Northwestern with special guests Meredith Ramey, Abby Boyle, and Zachary Frank.

Football Looks to Richmond

Nov. 20, 2014

This week’s episode of Flat Hat Sports Talk previews the College’s chances against in-state rival Richmond ahead of Saturday’s matchup at Zable Stadium.

Basketball Preview

Nov. 14, 2014

Flat Hat Sports Editors Mick Sloan and Chris Weber are joined by Associate Sports Editor Jack Powers to preview the upcoming womens’ and mens’ basketball seasons.

Cross Country Dominates CAA

Nov. 6, 2014

This week on Flat Hat Sports Talk, sports editors Mick Sloan and Chris Weber highlight the impressive performance by the Tribe’s Cross Country program at this year’s CAA Championships.

Postseason Possibilities

Oct. 30, 2014

Flat Hat sports editors Mick Sloan and Chris Weber debate the possibility of the Tribe advancing to the postseason. Hear Mick and Chris hash it out in the first episode of The Flat Hat’s new sports podcast.