Men’s Soccer: Tribe tops Navy 1-0 in scrimmage

COURTESY IMAGE / TRIBE ATHLETICS

William and Mary travelled to Virginia Beach, Va. Aug. 17 to compete against Navy in an exhibition game. In the scrimmage, the Tribe defeated the Midshipmen 1-0.

The lone goal was made possible by a combination from sophomore midfielders John Eberle and James Bradley. The returning Colonial Athletic Association  All-Rookie team combo connected in the 24th minute when Eberle spun in the midfield — advancing past his defender and crossing the ball to the middle so that Bradley could finish into the left corner from six yards out.

After its first of three exhibition matches in 2019, the College has been able to continue its exhibition unbeaten streak to eight matches (4-0-4). The College is 12-1-8 in its exhibition record dating to 2006.

Throughout the exhibition 22 different Tribe players saw action — including three redshirt freshmen: goalkeeper Miro Everaert, back Theo Biddle and midfielder Campbell Brickhouse along with five freshmen: midfielder Alfredo Bozalongo, forward Diba Nwegbo, midfielder Nathan Messer, forward Alexander Levengood and midfielder Marcos Villeda.

The Tribe continued on to play an exhibition game at Sport Backers Stadium in Richmond, Va. against Virginia Commonwealth Aug. 20, but inclement weather ended the game early. The College will host its lone exhibition at home Saturday, Aug. 24 at 7 p.m. at Martin Family Stadium. The regular season will begin on Aug. 30 at High Point.