Women’s Tennis: Women get top spot

__Team carries in no. 13 rank nationally__

Women’s tennis will compete in the Colonial Athletic Association tournament at the Huntington Park Tennis Center in Newport News, Va., which began yesterday.

p. The Tribe, who enter the tournament ranked 13th in the nation, will be the top seed as they pursue their 19th CAA championship. The College received a bye for the first round and will proceed to the quarterfinals, where they will meet eighth-seed Towson University today at 11:30 a.m. Towson advanced to the quarterfinals with a 4-1 victory over ninth-seeded Drexel University Thursday. The Tribe carries a perfect 2-0 conference record into the tournament, having defeated the Old Dominion University Monarchs 5-2 and defending CAA champion Virginia Commonwealth University 4-3.

p. The College will be out for revenge against the second-seeded Rams, who defeated the Tribe 4-1 to take the CAA crown last year. VCU is currently ranked 26th in the nation. Despite last season’s setback, the Tribe has won the CAA tournament 18 of the last 21 years and has reached the finals every year the tournament has been run.

p. Senior Megan Moulton-Levy finishes the regular season ranked first in the nation in doubles with partner sophomore Katarina Zoricic and sixth nationally in singles. Zoricic stands 60th in the nation in singles. Freshman Ragini Acharya performed well in her first season with the Tribe, and closes out the season ranked 120th nationally.

p. The College closes the regular season with an 18-2 record and ranked in the national top 20 for the 10th straight week. The Tribe also captured the final two CAA weekly awards, as Moulton-Levy earned both Singles and Doubles Player of the Week honors. The winner of the tournament will gain an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament, beginning April 25th.