Track and Field: Tribe athletes impress at Raleigh Relays

The College competed at the Raleigh Relays last weekend. COURTESY PHOTO / TRIBE ATHLETICS.

William and Mary posted several strong performances over the weekend at the Raleigh Relays. Many athletes recorded top-10 finishes in their respective events.

On the men’s side, senior Dylan Anderson shined in the hurdles. He placed seventh in the 110-meter hurdles in 14.80 and sixth in the 400-meter hurdles in 53.82, behind teammate sophomore Connor Atkinson. Atkinson finished as the runner-up in the event, clocking 53.14.

Freshman Connor Scott placed sixth in the discus with a toss of 48.48 meters, while junior Derek Trott finished ninth in the javelin with a throw of 58.00 meters. Senior Tom Parker rounded out the top-10 finishes on the men’s side with a fifth-place finish in the hammer throw (61.99 meters).

On the women’s side, senior Minna McFarland picked up the victory in the high jump, clearing 1.65 meters. Senior Leia Mistowski finished as the runner-up in the hammer throw with a heave of 61.30 meters. Junior Margaret Sullivan clocked 1:01.78 in the 400-meter hurdles to finish eighth in the event.

The Tribe is back in action next weekend, hosting its third home meet of the season. The 53rd Annual Berkeley Realty Property Management Colonial Relays will be held Thursday through Saturday, April 5-7.