Board of Visitors to consider tuition increase at April meeting, hold public hearing April 24

Rector Charles E. Poston in the Board of Visitors executive meeting. DANIEL KALISH // THE FLAT HAT

Tuesday, March 26, the College of William and Mary announced that the board of visitors will host a public hearing Wednesday, April 24, to seek input on proposed increases to tuition and fees.

The Code of Virginia requires public institutions to conduct such a hearing before approving an increase in undergraduate tuition and mandatory fees.

The hearing will take place in the Grimsley Board Room of Blow Memorial Hall from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. and will be livestreamed on www.wm.edu/bovmeeting. The hearing will include a presentation by the administration, and members of the public can also submit comments online.

According to a press release, the board will consider an increase ranging from zero to 4% in undergraduate tuition and an increase ranging from zero to 4% in mandatory fees. The board and the College’s executive leadership said they aim to prioritize predictability with a process that sets tuition and fee levels for a two-year period.

The board voted to increase tuition by 4.7% for in-state undergraduate students and 4.9% for those out-of-state. Only one person, Connor Dendler ’24, spoke at last year’s public hearing.