Police Beat (Nov. 4 – Nov. 13)

|

November 16, 2006

p. Tuesday, Nov. 7 — A student reported that another student was stalking her.

p. — A contractor doing renovations at the old bookstore, near the Campus Center, reported that a pile of copper pipe he was working with had been stolen. 140 feet of pipe was missing, worth approximately $1,000.
— A student reported that his bicycle had been stolen outside of Jones Hall. The bike, which was registered, was worth an estimated $100.

p. Wednesday, Nov. 8 — A power box behind Tazwell Hall was reportedly vandalized with spray paint. Police estimated the damage at $150.

p. Friday, Nov. 10 — Police confronted a student who had “no parking” signs in his car on North Boundary Street. Police determined that the signs were stolen property.
— A student at Dinwiddie Hall reported that his wallet had been stolen, with $400 in cash and $100 in other items, including his student ID and credit cards.

p. Sunday, Nov. 12 — A male student was arrested and taken to the regional jail for being drunk in public on Alumni Drive.
— Police arrested another male student for being drunk in public near Sorority Court. He was also driven to the regional jail.

p. Monday, Nov. 13 — Staff at the Gifted Education Office reported that a boom box worth approximately $80 had been stolen.
— A caller reported that their unregistered bike had been stolen outside of Unit H. The bike was a silver, custom-made Canadian model worth approximately $300.

Men’s Basketball: Tribe secures first win of the season at home
Board of Visitors defers discussion of amendments to weapon, open flame policies
Board of Visitors meets to approve 18 resolutions in November session