Police Beat (April 4 to April 9)

|

April 13, 2007

**Wednesday, April 4 —** A student reported that an iPod was stolen from the University Center. The estimated value of the stolen iPod is $175. **(1)**

p. —A staff member at James Blair reported that an iPod was stolen out of a locked office. The office and the iPod belonged to a graduate student. The estimated value of the stolen iPod is $150. **(2)**

p. —A student reported a larceny outside of Unit E. He reported that a Silver Schwinn Mountain Bike was taken from the Unit E bike rack and had not been seen since Friday, March 30. The estimated value of the bike is $70. **(3)**

p. **Thursday, April 5 —** Police Unit 104 reported vandalism in the William and Mary Hall parking lot. The unit reported that a van belonging to Rec Sports had been tagged and there were no plates on the vehicle. The estimated damage was $500. **(4)**

p. —A resident of Landrum called in a complaint about a man preaching at the Crim Dell. **(1)**

p. —A student reported a larceny at Jamestown South. The student reported the theft of a Silver Schwinn Ranger Mountain Bike from the bike rack in front of Jamestown South. The estimated value of the bike was $100. The bike was not registered with the police department. **(5)**

p. **Friday, April 6 —** A student reported vandalism to her vehicle in the Stadium Parking Lot. An officer was dispatched. **(6)**

p. **Sunday, April 8 —** An individual called in a complaint that someone used an unknown substance to write “leachbone” on the right rear corner of his vehicle. Estimated vehicle damage $35. **(4)**

p. **Monday, April 9 —** An Aramark employee reported a larceny at Ukrop Way. Unit 53 was approached by an Aramark employee and reported a stolen blue, women’s bicycle. The estimated value of the bike is $100. **(7)**

Tribe Square evicts The Crust leaving ground floor empty
As gubernatorial primary nears, students get out the vote
College mourns death of online MBA student, Navy SEAL Kyle Milliken