George Mason Law School

Sports in Brief (April 17)

|

April 17, 2007

**Lacrosse**
The Tribe (2-10 overall, 0-4 CAA) dropped a pair of CAA contests over the weekend to Towson University and the University of Delaware. In Sunday afternoon’s rainy matchup against Towson, the College fell behind early 5-0 and could not recover, losing 12-7. Junior Jaime Sellers, who ran her scoring streak to 13 consecutive games, and senior Kristen Wong tallied two goals a piece, as the Tribe’s conference losing streak grew to four games. 20th-ranked Delaware bested the College 12-6 Friday behind a strong first half effort. Sellers and fellow senior Emily Vitrano paced the Tribe with two goals each.

p. **Women’s Tennis**
The 16th-ranked Tribe defeated in-state rival the University of Richmond 7-0 last Saturday. The College now stands at 18-2 overall heading into the CAA Championships — where the Tribe will be the number-one seed. Senior Megan Moulton-Levy, playing in her final home match, recorded a singles and doubles win, as the College swept the singles play after taking two of the three doubles matches to earn the doubles point.

p. **Men’s Tennis**
After earning the doubles point, the 31st-ranked Tribe faltered in singles play and lost by a score of 5-2 against 29th-ranked conference foe Virginia Commonwealth University. The nation’s 11th-ranked doubles team of senior Colin O’Brien and junior Alex Cojanu bested VCU’s top doubles team of Arnaud Le Cloerec and Petr Olsak 8-5. Cojanu also provided the College with its only singles win, defeating Damien Lacombe 7-5, 6-3. The Tribe’s loss drops the College to the third seed in this week’s CAA Tournament and to 15-10 overall.

p. **Track and Field**
Assistant track and cross country coach Ed Moran, ’03, raced to a World Championships “A” standard in the 5,000-meter at the Mt. SAC Relays in Walnut, Calif., timing 13 minutes and 20.35 seconds. Moran finished sixth in a heat comprised of both professional and collegiate athletes. Achieving the “A” standard will give Moran a spot at the IAAF World Championships in Osaka, Japan as long as he finishes in the top-three at this June’s USAT&F National Championships.

Tribe Square evicts The Crust leaving ground floor empty
As gubernatorial primary nears, students get out the vote
College mourns death of online MBA student, Navy SEAL Kyle Milliken