Coming Attractions (Aug. 31)

**Calvin Harris — “I Created Disco” (Almost Gold)**
Scottish singer Calvin Harris’s debut album, despite the name, is more like early ’80s electro than disco. Most notable about the album is that it cost literally nothing to make; he recorded it in his basement using equipment he already had. It was released in June in the UK and was praised as hilarious and dance-worthy. Sept. 4

**“Halloween” (Dimension Films/MGM)**
This remake of the 1978 movie stars Tyler Mane (“Troy”) as murderer Michael Myers. After brutally slaying his family as a 10-year-old, he is locked away, only to escape as an adult and search out his baby sister — either to kill her or protect her. Rob Zombie (“The Devil’s Rejects”) directs, ensuring a gory thriller. Aug. 31

**“I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With” (IFC Films)**
Jeff Garlin (“Curb Your Enthusiasm”) stars as an actor struggling with life: he’s fat, he has no job and both his agent and girlfriend dumped him. Then he meets Beth (Sarah Silverman, “SNL”), but James may be in for more than he thought with the sexually aggressive and slightly demented Beth.
Sept. 5

**“Giving” By Bill Clinton (Knopf)**
Former President Bill Clinton’s new book reflects on his recent humanitarian work, especially the Asian tsunami disaster and Hurricane Katrina. He also spotlights various do-gooders who work to better the world or just their neighborhood. Clinton also encourages each of us to take steps to make a difference. Sept. 4

**“Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself”**
By Alan Alda (Random House)
Alan Alda’s memoir weaves together advice culled from speeches he has given with reflections on how he came to his values and beliefs. After a near-death experience on a Chilean mountaintop, he was inspired to live what he considers to be his second life. Sept. 4