Campus Police Beat (Aug. 26 to Sept. 8)

|

September 12, 2008

Tuesday, Aug. 26 — A student reported a window broken in the Ludwell Apartment Complex. The estimated damage is $150.

Wednesday, Aug. 27 — A camera was stolen from a building off of Scotland Street. Its estimated value is $1,500.

Thursday, Aug. 28 — An antenna and souvenir license plate were stolen from a car parked on Harrison Drive.

Friday, Aug. 29 — A student reported an individual had vandalized the Sadler Center. The estimated damage is $25.

Saturday, Aug. 30 — A student was arrested for underage possession of alcohol at the fraternity Units.

Monday, Sept. 1 — A student was arrested for underage possession of alcohol in the Sunken Garden.

A student reported his string bass guitar had been stolen from his Jamestown Dorm. Its estimated value is $2,100.

Tuesday, Sept. 2 — A student living in a dorm off of Ukrop Way received a suspicious phone call.

Wednesday, Sept. 3 — A student reported his student ID card missing from the Commons Dining Hall. The ID’s estimated value is $15.

An individual reported that the patio door of a building off of Ukrop Way had been vandalized. The estimated damage to the door is $100.

Saturday, Sept. 6 — An individual was assaulted in the Zable Stadium lot just after 2 a.m.

An individual was arrested in the Fraternity Complex for alleged underage possession of alcohol.

Monday, Sept. 8 — A student reported a Blackberry phone had been stolen from a building off of Wake Drive. The phone’s estimate value is $250.

A student reported a flash drive had been stolen from a building on James Blair Road. Its estimated value is $50.

Board of Visitors defers discussion of amendments to weapon, open flame policies
Board of Visitors meets to approve 18 resolutions in November session
Short story author Kelly Link discusses magical realism, writing