George Mason Law School

Blaze at Sal’s ruled accidental

Written by

|

September 25, 2009

2:57 AM

The July 28 fire that destroyed Sal’s by Victor and damaged several surrounding stores, including the Hallmark store and Steinmart, in Williamsburg Shopping Center was ruled accidental, Williamsburg Fire Marshal Captain James Humphrey announced at a press conference Thursday.

There was not enough evidence to determine the direct cause of the fire.

The restaurant’s fourteen surveillance cameras showed that the fire originated in the kitchen near the stove, but all the appliances were turned off. The cameras also revealed no one was inside the restaurant at the time of the fire.

The restaurant is still closed, but owner Victor Minichiello hopes to reopen by Christmas of this year. Steinmart has not opened either, but the store is scheduled to reopen Oct. 1.

Share This Article

Related News

Tribe Square evicts The Crust leaving ground floor empty
As gubernatorial primary nears, students get out the vote
College mourns death of online MBA student, Navy SEAL Kyle Milliken

About Author