BOV Member Snyder to Run for Lt. Governor

|

November 26, 2012

College of William and Mary Board of Visitors member Pete Snyder ’94 announced his intention to run for lieutenant governor Monday. Snyder is a technology entrepreneur who started New Media Strategies, a social media group marketing company. This past election cycle, he was a Fox News commentator who oversaw Republican campaigns in Virginia. According to The Washington Post, Snyder is attempting to brand himself as a political outsider with a business background.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/virginia-politics/post/pete-snyder-running-for-virginia-lieutenant-governor/2012/11/26/0249f040-3808-11e2-a263-f0ebffed2f15_blog.html

City Council plans to focus on Airbnb, group homes
Michael Wert gives guest lecture on samurai during Japan’s Edo period

Zach Hardy
  • Zach Hardy

Zach Hardy '15 is an English major from Richmond, Va. He was previously Chief Staff Writer, Online Editor and Associate Online Editor.

(1) Reader Comment

1. Mike Townes '93
    November 28, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Some "new media strategy" oversight - Snyder's announcement mass e-mail to Virginia Republicans failed to be formatted - it omitted the "personalized salutation" from whatever GOP database he was using, and left the placeholder entry instead, making it look like garbage. That sort of bang-up attention to detail is just the kind of thing people notice - and it says a lot about a guy running as the young upstart candidate who's going to bring business savvy to Richmond.