One injured in shooting at The Crust

|

August 27, 2016

This story is developing and will be updated throughout the weekend.   

Witnesses reported a late-night argument unraveling just after midnight last night into gunshots, leaving one injured. The gunshots were reported at The Crust, a pizzeria and bar frequented by students on Richmond Road. No students have been hurt.
Reports sent to students from the William and Mary Police Department said that one person had been injured, but that the wounds were not life threatening. The Williamsburg Police Department said they have not yet found the suspect. It’s unclear how many shots were fired.

Artist's rendering of Tribe Square, produced in 2011. COURTESY PHOTO / WM.EDU

Artist’s rendering of Tribe Square, produced in 2011. COURTESY PHOTO / WM.EDU

Dispatch said the call came into the Williamsburg Police Department at 12:48 last night. At 1:58 a.m. the William and Mary Police Department, which works closely with the local police, sent an alert to students via text message.
The Crust, which sits underneath student housing, is located on property owned by the William and Mary Real Estate Foundation. It opened in 2011.
Reporting was contributed by Kayla Sharpe ‘17

Behind Closed Doors: Don’t Kink Shame Me, Bro
Presidential search enters second stage, releases leadership profile
Board of Visitors responds to DACA, DeVos speech: Future unclear for College’s policies following actions by Trump administration

Tucker Higgins

Tucker Higgins, The Flat Hat's editor-in-chief, is a senior international relations major from Los Angeles, California. In 2015, he won The College of William and Mary's Rex Smith Award, named for the longtime writer and editor for the Associated Press. In 2016, he served as the J. Edward Grimsley Journalism Fellow.