Once again, finals loom before the student body of the College of William and Mary. The Earl Gregg Swem Library grows more crowded with every passing hour, and even the plentiful coffee supply of Wawa and Swemromas combined doesn’t seem like enough to get through the all-nighters that lie ahead.

With all the work facing TWAMPs in the coming weeks, it’s important to remember to take a step back, breathe and take advantage of some of the relaxation activities listed below to balance out that long to-do list.

The Last Week of Classes

Relaxation activities are already beginning, starting Wednesday, April 25. From 9 p.m. to midnight in Tidewater A and B, AMP is hosting “Refresh and De-Stress.” There will be chair and foot massages and an art therapy table with canvases to paint. Free Tropical Smoothie will be available for those who come, and visitors will also be able to make their own face or body scrubs, personalize meditation beads and a Zen garden.

On the same day, also starting at 9 p.m., Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity will be hosting their weekly Trivia Night at Brickhouse Tavern. The competition is free for teams of students to enter – although the fraternity does not provide food – but winners have the chance to win gift cards to local establishments.

Thursday, April 26, the Office of First-Year Experience is hosting “Discs n’ Donuts.” Students who go to Sadler Terrace between noon and 2 p.m. can receive free donuts and frisbees if they tell the Office what they most enjoyed participating in this year on campus.

The Last Day of Classes

Aside from the traditional Blowout activities that students participate in annually, there are several events taking place both on and off-campus this Friday, April 27. The William and Mary Campus Bookstore is hosting a De-Stress Fest from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. There will be therapy animals, a raffle for prizes including a book store gift card, board games, free Baskin Robins ice cream and free T-Shirts available for student visitors. There will also be free 10-minute massages, but those who would like a massage must sign up via a link on the Facebook page for the event.

The same night, from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. in Sadler, William and Mary Dining and Student Assembly are coming together to bring the student body free pancakes. There will be gluten free pancakes available, and “Bacon Hour” starts at midnight.

And of course, barring rain, there will be the usual LDOC Carnival on the Sunken Gardens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., with bounce houses, music and free T-Shirts.

Finals Week(s)

Many of the relaxation activities that take place during the actual finals period are provided by Swem Library.

Sunday, April 29 – right before the first day of Finals – Swem will be hosting therapy bunnies from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The bunnies are provided by The Fuzzy Ear.

Monday, April 30, Swem will have free postcards for students to take a study break and send a message to a loved one.

Tuesday, May 1, there will be a Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream cart outside the entrance to the library, giving away free scoops of ice cream starting at 3 p.m.

From Wednesday, May 2 to the Sunday of Commencement, May 13, Andrews will be holding an exhibit of the Studio Art Majors’ work. The event is called “Color Safari,” and while it is not strictly a destressing activity, it is a good way to see some new art and clear a cluttered brain.

Thursday, May 3, a pop-up coloring bar will be in Swem from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

April 30 will also be the first day that Swem’s traditional de-stress station, complete with LEGO blocks, coloring and free study supplies, will be up and running. This station will be available for the entire two-week finals period.

Where are the dogs?

Therapy dogs will be in Swem Wednesday, May 2 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 5 to 7 p.m.; Monday, May 7 from 2 to 4 p.m. ; and Tuesday May 8 and Wednesday May 9 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

In addition, the Wesley Campus Ministry will hold their annual Paws for Stress event from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 2. The campus ministry will also have cookies available for students.