Men’s Golf: Tribe ties for seventh at the Georgetown Intercollegiate

0
435
The College finished in a tie for seventh in its penultimate tournament of the fall. COURTESY IMAGE / Tribe Athletics.

William and Mary competed in the Georgetown Intercollegiate in Beallsville, Maryland from Oct. 15-16. Tying with St. Bonaventure for seventh place, the Tribe finished the tournament with an 882 (+30), against first place Princeton’s 559 (-9).

In the first two rounds, the Tribe shot a 581 (+13), with 289 (+5) in the first round and 292 (+7) in the second round. Junior Walker Campbell, senior David Hicks and sophomore Otto Voettiner were all able to shoot 144’s, with Hicks and Voettiner going one under par in the first round while Campbell went one-under in the second. For Voettiner, this 70 (-1) was his career-low. Freshman Matthew Feinstein got a 75 (+4) and 72 (+1) totaling a 147 (+5), tying for 31st by the second round. At the end of the second round, the College was in sixth place with a score of 581 (+13), being led in the scoreboards by Princeton 559 (-9).

The Tribe ended the third round by shooting a 301 (+17). Hicks ultimately led the Tribe in terms of scoring, hitting a 73 (+2) for a tournament score of 217 (+4) and tying for 13th place. Campbell scored slightly higher at 220 (+7). Feinstein, still having played individually, finished round three with a 75 (+4), finishing with a 222 (+9) and tying for 33rd.

As the season comes to an end, the Tribe will participate in the Kiawah Classic from Nov. 4-6 at Turtle Point Golf Course in Kiawah Island, South Carolina.

Previous articleField Hockey: The College comes up short against the defending CAA champions
Next articleWomen’s soccer: With 1-0 loss to Northeastern in final game, Tribe’s playoff future in flux
Gavin Aquin-Hernández
Gavin Aquin-Hernández ’22 is a Sports Editor for The Flat Hat newspaper and a proud member of the Editorial Board. He has contributed to the paper since 2018. Gavin originally hails from Las Vegas, Nevada and Los Angeles, California. He is a Business Analytics and European Studies double-major, with a particular interest in Spanish and French cultural issues and the history of the Jewish Diaspora. Gavin hopes to eventually become a lawyer when he graduates. When he isn't watching Tribe Athletics, Gavin follows the Vegas Golden Knights, the LA Dodgers, Tottenham Hotspur and C.D. Guadalajara. Visit www.gavinaquin.com to learn more about him. ~~~~~ En castellano: Gavin Aquin Hernández '22 es un editor de deportes para el periódico « The Flat Hat » y es miembro de la Junta Editorial. Él ha sido miembro del periódico desde 2018. Originalmente, él viene de Las Vegas, Nevada y de Los Ángeles, California. Él está estudiando la analítica de negocios y los estudios europeos. En particular, le interesan los temas culturales españoles y franceses, y también le interesa la historia de la diáspora judía. Gavin desea trabajar como abogado después de graduarse. Además de seguir Tribe Athletics, Gavin sigue a los Golden Knights, los Doyers, Tottenham Hotspur y las Chivas. Visite a es.gavinaquin.com para aprender más sobre él.