Men’s Golf: Tribe ties for seventh at the Georgetown Intercollegiate

The College finished in a tie for seventh in its penultimate tournament of the fall. COURTESY IMAGE / Tribe Athletics.

William and Mary competed in the Georgetown Intercollegiate in Beallsville, Maryland from Oct. 15-16. Tying with St. Bonaventure for seventh place, the Tribe finished the tournament with an 882 (+30), against first place Princeton’s 559 (-9).

In the first two rounds, the Tribe shot a 581 (+13), with 289 (+5) in the first round and 292 (+7) in the second round. Junior Walker Campbell, senior David Hicks and sophomore Otto Voettiner were all able to shoot 144’s, with Hicks and Voettiner going one under par in the first round while Campbell went one-under in the second. For Voettiner, this 70 (-1) was his career-low. Freshman Matthew Feinstein got a 75 (+4) and 72 (+1) totaling a 147 (+5), tying for 31st by the second round. At the end of the second round, the College was in sixth place with a score of 581 (+13), being led in the scoreboards by Princeton 559 (-9).

The Tribe ended the third round by shooting a 301 (+17). Hicks ultimately led the Tribe in terms of scoring, hitting a 73 (+2) for a tournament score of 217 (+4) and tying for 13th place. Campbell scored slightly higher at 220 (+7). Feinstein, still having played individually, finished round three with a 75 (+4), finishing with a 222 (+9) and tying for 33rd.

As the season comes to an end, the Tribe will participate in the Kiawah Classic from Nov. 4-6 at Turtle Point Golf Course in Kiawah Island, South Carolina.