Tribe gymnastics victorious against Penn on senior night

JAMIE HOLT / THE FLAT HAT

William and Mary came away with an exciting senior night victory against Pennsylvania at Kaplan Arena on Friday, March 15. The Tribe came into Friday night’s meet ranked fifth overall in the Eastern College Athletic Conference, while Penn came in ranked third in the ECAC.

The College won the vault with a score of 48.175, by posting the top two scores. Senior Katie Webber placed first with a score of 9.750. Freshman Samantha Sakti earned a score of 9.725 to place second behind Webber.

The Tribe dominated the bars by posting the top three scores and earning an overall score of 48.200. Sophomore Katie Waldman earned the title with a season high 9.800. Juniors Evan Pakshong and Erika Marr both earned 9.775’s, a season high for Marr, and tied for second.

The Quakers defeated the Tribe on the beam, but the College came back and won floor in order to clinch the meet. Sakti placed first in the event by scoring a 9.775 and senior Aaliyah Kerr placed second with a 9.725. Overall, they earned 48.450 on the floor.

The Tribe ended up coming away with a 192.450-191.900 win, to end their regular season with an in-conference victory.

The women will travel to Cornell next Saturday to compete at the ECAC league championship meet.