Women’s Golf: Zhou leads Tribe at the Pirate Collegiate Classic

0
227
Courtesy Photo / Tribe Athletics

William and Mary travelled to Greenville, N.C. to compete at the Pirate Collegiate Classic Sept. 23-24. The Tribe finished eighth with a 926 (+62), while host East Carolina won the event with an 876 (+12).

Entering the first round, freshman Cindy Zhou continued her strong start to her collegiate career, having led the Tribe in scoring with a 144 (+9) to tie for 21st at the end of the day. She tied for a team-low in the first round with a 78 (+6) before shooting the best score of the day with a 75 (+3) at the end of the second round.

Senior Allison Olberding and junior Madison Braman scored just behind Zhou, carding 78 (+6) each in both rounds. Freshman Mimi Taylor made her debut in the event, having tied third in the event with 24 pars; likewise, Zhou tired for third in birdies. Ultimately, the Tribe shot a 313 (+25) and a 311 (+23) on the first day.

Entering day two of the tournament, the Tribe shot a 302 (+14) in the final round of the Pirate Collegiate Classic. Zhou had the best round of her collegiate career, having shot 71 (-1) in the final round. She was ultimately just short of the top 10, having carded a 224 (+8). In additional numbers, Zhao tied for second in par four scoring at four-over par, and birdies with 11.

The College seeks to improve its numbers at the Starmount Fall Classic from Sept. 30 to Oct. 1 at the Starmount Golf Club in Greensboro, N.C.

Previous articleField Hockey: Tribe surmounts catamounts
Next articleThe Extra Point: Tribe Basketball looks to bounce back into CAA success
Gavin Aquin Hernández
Gavin Aquin Hernández ’22 is a Sports Editor for The Flat Hat newspaper and a proud member of the Editorial Board. He has contributed to the paper since 2018. Gavin originally hails from Las Vegas, Nevada and Los Angeles, California. He is a History and Hispanic Studies double-major, with a particular interest in Spanish and Chicano cultural issues and the history of the Jewish Diaspora. Gavin hopes to eventually become a lawyer when he graduates. When he isn't watching Tribe Athletics, Gavin follows the Vegas Golden Knights, the LA Dodgers, Tottenham Hotspur and C.D. Guadalajara. Visit www.gavinaquin.com to learn more about him. ~~~~~ En castellano: Gavin Aquin Hernández '22 es un editor de deportes para el periódico « The Flat Hat » y es miembro de la Junta Editorial. Él ha sido miembro del periódico desde 2018. Originalmente, él viene de Las Vegas, Nevada y de Los Ángeles, California. Él está estudiando la historia y los estudios hispánicos. En particular, le interesan los temas culturales españoles y chicanos, y también le interesa la historia de la diáspora judía. Gavin desea trabajar como abogado después de graduarse. Además de seguir Tribe Athletics, Gavin sigue a los Golden Knights, los Doyers, Tottenham Hotspur y las Chivas. Visite a es.gavinaquin.com para aprender más sobre él.