Sports in brief (April 3)

**Men’s Golf**
Behind the strength of their second-round performance, the Tribe climbed the leaderboard to claim a ninth place finish at this weekend’s Lacrosse Homes Collegiate Invitational in Grasonville, Md. After carding a 312 in the opening round, the College shot a 293 on day two for a total of 605. Junior Jimmy Femino led the Tribe, finishing in 12th and shooting a 3-over par 147. St. John’s University took the team title with a 4-over score of 580, and the Red Storm’s Keegan Bradley won the individual crown carding a 2-under 142.

p. **Lacrosse**
Last Friday, the George Washington University Colonials bested the Tribe 11-8 in a non-conference affair in Washington, D.C. Trailing 3-6 at halftime, the College scored three unanswered goals to knot the game at six, but the Colonials outscored the Tribe 5-2 down the stretch for the win. Junior Jaime Sellers scored three goals for the College and senior Kara Parker notched two. The loss drops the Tribe to 2-7 on the season.

p. **Tennis**
Both the men’s and women’s teams host conference matches this week against CAA foe Old Dominion University. The 36th-ranked Tribe men face the 18th-ranked Monarchs today at 4:30 p.m. on the Busch Courts, while the 12th-ranked women take on ODU tomorrow at 4 p.m. On the men’s side, both teams enter the match undefeated in CAA play. For the women, the match marks the first time either team has faced a conference opponent this season.