Green & Gold deemed success

__College’s second annual dance event raises money for various clubs on campus__

Organizers said that the College’s annual Green and Gold Affair was a success, raising money for various student organizations.
    The event sold 1,100 tickets, and half of all ticket sales went to student organizations.

p. The event allows students to designate the sale of their $10 ticket to the campus organization of their choice.

p. AIDS Tanzania, a service organization dedicated to combating the spread of HIV and AIDS in eastern Africa, earned the most money.

p. “Our goal in the dance was to allow an opportunity for any organization to make money … even those that are often overlooked by other fund sources,” Green and Gold Executive President Samantha Fein–Helfman ’09 said.

p. Greek, academic, community service, athletic and special interest groups participated in the fundraising.

p. Only 38 student organizations were allowed to pre-register to receive donations from ticket sales.

p. The organizations were chosen on a first-come, first-served basis to maximize profits for those involved.

p. All of the organizations made profits ranging from $60 to $405.
    The Greek organizations plan on donating their profits to their respective philanthropies, Fien-Helfman said.