Uncle Jeff’s guilty pleasures

Hola meinen lieblings readers, it’s your favorite, not-an-alcoholic-uncle, Jeff. Saturday’s Top10 was a pretty sweet and succulent ordeal.

The theme was guilty pleasure songs, and there were obviously so many possibilities that I just had to break format and make a list of twenty! It’s kind of an annoying habit that is really only enabled by the fact that I have 70 GBs of music on my computer … it’s epic.

There was some controversy surrounding the order of my top 5 … and interestingly enough, it was divided upon a very relevant cleavage … hehe … the cleavage of sex. Most girls seemed to thing that Kelly Clarkson or the Spice Girls deserved my number 1 spot, but I, and many of the males I have talked to vehemently disagree. ‘Since U Been Gone’ and ‘Wannabe’ are very good guilty pleasure songs, perhaps even more guilty than The New Radicals, but that’s not how I rate my songs.

All the songs have a ‘Guilty Factor’ that is used in the selection of tracks, but I also take into account the quality of the song as well as the number of times I have played the song on my iTunes. If it’s a song that I continually turn on when my roommate leaves the room, then iTunes records that fact. Replay-ability is a heavy deciding factor in creating a Top10 list.

Also. It’s my show. My rules.

Be sure to listen to Top Ten Records on WCWM every Saturday from 3-5pm. Also kiddies, Trivia at the Meridian, Monday at 9pm. Be there and be square.

Top 20

1 New Radicals Get What You Give
2 Jimmy Eat World Sweetness
3 Kelly Clarkson Since U Been Gone
4 The Ataris Boys of Summer
5 Spice Girls Wannabe
6 Counting Crows Mr Jones
7 Ben Folds Landed
8 One Republic Apologize
9 Blues Traveler Run Around
10 Matchbox 20 Unwell
11 Barenaked Ladies One Week
12 Fountains of Wayne Stacy’s Mom
13 Mates of State Goods
14 Chumbawamba Tubthumping
15 LFO Summer Girls
16 Weezer Surfwax America
17 Cobra Starship Bring It
18 Moby Southside
19 Blink 182 First Date
20 Hilary Duff Wake Up