Venturing beyond the college

Hi, and welcome! I’m Mailise Johnson, a rising senior at the college. I’m a 20-year-old girl who loves watching reality television and dancing. I’m a believer in contrails and a lover of all things pink.

I’m staying in Thrilliamsburg for the summer, and therefore must find a way to entertain myself.

Now, summer break is usually the time to lie out on a beach, eat tons of ice cream (I love ice cream), catch up on Netflix and attempt to lose the study weight from last semester. I plan to do all of those things and then some as I try to find some hidden gems in Williamsburg.

As a student on campus it is easy to forget that there is more to Williamsburg and James City County than the College and Colonial Williamsburg. I’ve spent three years here and feel like I have only scraped the surface of what this area has to offer. So this blog will serve as a way to document my ventures exploring Williamsburg and fun things that a student can do in the summer time.

On my ever-expanding list of things to do in the summer is dye my hair a fun color, try Shorty’s Diner (I’ve heard good things), go zip lining and learn to kayak. This is my short list and it will grow as I move to discover all that Williamsburg has to offer. I am super excited for my adventures because if not now, then when? Life is short and fall semester is coming!

So with that I bid you adieu, for now.