College finishes strong at Paul Short Invitational

The men placed ninth and the women placed 25th in their respective fields at Lehigh’s Paul Short Invitational Saturday.
COURTESY PHOTO // TRIBE ATHLETICS.

Senior Ryan McGorty was the top finisher for William and Mary in 20th place, covering the eight-kilometer course in 24 minutes and 51 seconds. Sophomore Spencer Tsai placed 40th in 25:11, and freshman Patrick Lynch crossed the line in 53rd with a 25:17. Freshman Micah Pratt (25:23) and junior Cooper Leslie (25:58) rounded out the scoring for the Tribe in 62nd and 147th place, respectively. The College recorded a solid team score of 322 points.

Utah State captured the men’s team title with a score of 77 points and Virginia Tech’s Peter Seufer was the individual champion with his quick 24:11 effort.

Sophomore Lauren Finikiotis led the Tribe contingent on the women’s side with her 93rd-place finish in 22:11. Junior Charlotte Kowalk finished 125th in 22:24, and sophomore Olivia Paxton was close behind in 132nd place in 22:26. Sophomore Lauren Kroepfl (22:31) and junior Karina Tavares (22:37) crossed the finish line in 144th and 161th, respectively. The Tribe’s team point total was 655.

Yale turned in a strong performance to win the team title. The Bulldogs recorded a score of 118 points to top Georgia’s 127. Queen’s University freshman Brogan MacDougall was with the lead pack at the first mile marker and finished strong to snag the individual victory in 20:21.

The College is back in action next weekend at the CNU Invitational in Newport News.