SA passes Let’s Get Consensual Stickers Act, confirms Vita appointee

COURTESY PHOTO / WM.EDU

Sept. 17, representatives of the College of William and Mary’s Student Assembly passed one bill, confirmed SA President Kelsey Vita ’20’s nominee for the State Council on Higher Education, and witnessed the swearing in of a new senator.

Senators confirmed Secretary of Academic Affairs Clara Waterman ’20 to serve as the College’s student government representative to the state of Virginia. Waterman and other representatives from around the state will convene in Richmond to discuss issues at the forefront of education. Waterman especially hopes to investigate the lack of access to data science classes available at the College during her work in Richmond. 

Following this confirmation, Sen. T.J. Horan M.A. Ed. ’21 was sworn in by Chair of the Review Board Henry Blackburn ’20 as the new representative for the School of Education at the College. 

After these procedural matters, senators passed the Let’s Get More Consensual Stickers Act, which allocates $632 from the SA Reserves to purchase 2,000 Let’s Get Consensual stickers and 1,000 Let’s Get Consensual stickers on a white background, which will be placed on condoms. These stickers will be made available to students at the McLeod Tyler Wellness Center.