Thursday, Sept. 9 at approximately 7:47 p.m., a fire broke out in Hunt Hall, prompting response from the Williamsburg Fire Department. The origins of the fire appear to be a mini fridge in the room of one of the residents. No injuries were reported, but eight students are being relocated due to smoke damage.
“The university is thankful there were no injuries and appreciative of the quick thinking of the residents and the great work of first responders including WMPD and the Williamsburg Fire Dept,” Director of News and Media Suzanne Clavet wrote in an email. “Residence Life and Student Affairs are supporting the students who were impacted.”