Zoe Wang ’26 wins class of 2026 president in runoff election

Zoe Wang '26 wins Class of 2026 Student Assembly Presidential Election after unprecedented tie.

Monday, Oct. 3, Student Assembly announced Zoe Wang ’26 won the run-off presidential election, after an unprecedented tie occurred on Sept. 29. Wang received 443 (55.93%) votes, while her opponent Mac Mueller ’26 received 349 (44.06%) votes.

“I’m so happy and so grateful to everybody who voted for me, supported me, campaigned for me, you know, talked to me,” Wang said to The Flat Hat. “…I’m just so happy and grateful right now.”

Voter turnout for the runoff election was 792, compared to last week’s 822 votes. Both candidates received 217 votes in last week’s election.

Mueller congratulated Wang and posted a video on his campaign page giving her his full support.

“She’s very qualified and I think she’s going to do amazing things for our class,” Mueller said to The Flat Hat.

Wang’s campaign ran on issues ranging from transparency, dining and reimbursing students for rides to polling locations on Election Day.

I’m hoping to make the change that the class of ’26 wants to see,” Wang said. “…Whether it comes to dining policy, transportation policy, increasing transparency, which are all three things I’ve already talked about or anything in general, like that’s what I’m looking forward to, as well as working with my fellow class senators.”