Man escapes from Eastern State Hospital

JAMIE HOLT / THE FLAT HAT

Monday, Oct. 24, the TribeAlert system emailed the College of William and Mary community about the escape of Christopher Matthew Feagin, 32, from the Eastern State Hospital. Feagin is also known under the aliases of Michael Lee Malone or Christopher Feagih. 

“Virginia State Police are asking for assistance in locating Christopher Matthew Feagin, who escaped from Eastern State Hospital today. Feagin is described as a White male, 5’9” and 135 lbs. He has pierced ears and multiple tattoos,” the alert read. 

In a statement released on Virginia State Police’s Twitter, further information about Feagin’s whereabouts is requested from the community.

“Christopher Feagin, 32, (AKA Michael Lee Malone or Christopher Feagih) is a white male with numerous tattoos on both arms, to include one of a skull with a woman’s face on his face. He was last seen wearing gray sweatpants with a gray shirt and gray sweater,” Virginia State Police said in a written statement. 

Feagin escaped the hospital facility around 1:40 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 24. He has no recorded address, but was arrested by the Virginia Beach Police in August of 2022. Feagin also has known ties to the city of Lexington, South Carolina. 

Due to Virginia’s medical policy laws, further details about Feagin are legally protected from public discussion. Though Feagin is not likely to be in the area, the emergency alert sent to the College community instructs individuals that, in the case of seeing him, to contact police immediately, as he could be armed and is considered dangerous. The Virginia State Police can be reached at 757-424-6800 or at questions@vsp.virginia.gov with tips.