Sports in brief

|

March 2, 2007

**Women’s Basketball”

p. The Tribe closed off the season with a 75-53 win over Virginia Commonwealth University last night, moving the College’s record to 18-11 overall and 10-8 in the CAA. The teams were tied for fifth place in the league going into the contest. This is the first season in program history for the women to achieve double digit conference wins in back-to-back seasons and the first time since the 1970s to achieve consecutive winning seasons.VCU won its last match-up with the Tribe 68-54 Feb. 15.

**Track and Field**
p. USA Track and Field announced Wednesday that women’s track and field Head Coach Kathy Newberry has been selected to the 2007 Team USA World Cross Country squad. The 8-kilometer race will be run March 24 in Mombasa, Kenya and is part of the 35th annual IAAF World Cross Country Championships. Newberry has been the women’s head coach since March 2005. She won two CAA titles for the Tribe between 1996 and 2000 and qualified for the 2004 Olympic Trials in the 5,000-meter and 10,000-m. In 2004 she was ranked 10th nationally in the 10,000-m.

From DoG Street to Disney World: Emily Flack ’20 discusses her time working as a performer in Disney’s parks
Presidential search enters second stage, releases leadership profile
Board of Visitors responds to DACA, DeVos speech: Future unclear for College’s policies following actions by Trump administration